Friday, September 19, 2008

sports junkies

I have been known to show signs of extreme excitement or life altering pain while watching or participating in sports & I thought I was a sports-a-holic until I recently watched a guy that was so into the game that he had his team tattooed on his back, he had season tickets to all home games, he had a room in his house made into a shrine of his team, he dyed his hair the team colors & he wore all the team clothing everywhere he went.
I hardly ever watch a game unless it is a playoff game or a championship game. I don't wear team clothing, I don't really have a favorite team although I do have favorite players that I keep track of because I admire them. Tiger Woods, Alex Rodriguez, Brett Favre are among my favorites but I don't really care about a team. As I am thinking about it, I do like to watch teams or players I don't like, lose. For example, I will watch the lakers, Aaron Rogers or the 49ers as long as they are losing but as soon as it looks like they will win the game, I change the channel. Is this because I am a sports-a-holic or because I have some deep rooted issues? Well regardless of my personal problems, I know a lot of you out there that are much worse than me & watch all the games, have all the latest athletic clothing or gear & can't wait until the next week when you can support all your favorite teams while being oblivious to anything except the game during those 2-12 hours of games on a weekend.
To all you weekend warriors out there, "if your not living the dream, support those that are"

No comments: