Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Say Thank You

I was driving home from the airport yesterday & was reminded of why I hate driving around other people. Most people are rude & those that know me will say, I drive to fast, I drive to close to cars in front of me, wah wah wah. I have a speed that is comfortable for me & respect other people's right to drive any speed they want but when your right to drive slow, stops me from driving the speed I am comfortable, GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!!!!
When a car comes up behind me (yes, it has happened), I pull over anywhere I can, outside the fog line, turn lanes, passing lanes, I have even put my signal on & pulled into opposite lane because the moron wouldn't pass when they had the chance. All I want when I do something nice for you, is a simple wave, a mouthed "thank you", a honk of the horn or any acknowledgment of appreciation.
When a car pulls over for me, makes room for me to get in to a lane or does any good deed for me while driving, I am honking, waving & thanking them because it mean a lot to me when somebody does something for me or anyone else.
I don't need a Christmas card or be invited to family functions, I just want a thanks for being kind.
All of you have seen this, you get behind a car or group of cars & the car in front is going slow & every time they get to a passing lane, they speed up. As soon as nobody can pass, they slow back down. I don't know what these people are thinking but I can promise you that the cars behind them are hoping for divine intervention & that this car breaks down or that you are able to get beside them & show them how much you dislike their poor driving skills. This only adds to everyone's stress & is simple to avoid. All you have to do is, pull over when cars are behind you (obviously they are faster than you) & say thank you when we pull over for you or do random acts of kindness while driving.

No comments: