Friday, September 19, 2008

Always Happy

Is it just me or do people that always act like they are happy, make you sick? I understand the idea of being polite even when you are not happy, I understand not hanging your dirty laundry in public, I understand trying to be positive even when life is falling down around you but some people come across with the same answer every time you ask them how they are doing & it is fake.
Just be real. You don't have to dump your life problems on everyone but just be real. I know people that when asked, always say the same "can of crap" response & if you didn't know them, you might think that these people are the happiest people on earth & never have problems. The issues I have about this are that I do know these people & there life is a disaster. They could have just lost there house by fire, there kids won't speak to them, they could have just lost a loved one & rightfully so, could have reason to be a little down but because they want there image to be left in tact, they respond with, some flowery lie of a response.
Here is some advice for those people who always use the same line when asked how there day is? We know you aren't happy every day & that when you say you are, we know you are lying. It is ok to have a bad day & here is how you can respond without sounding like a whiner. Just say, I've had better days but theres always tomorrow--I am ok but the future looks bright---life is full of surprises but we are getting through it---It's been a rough week but I'm optimistic about the future. These are just a couple examples of somebody that is real & positive but not negative.
I understand the need to please people & put on a smile face but when you are fake, we all know it & it makes you look worse than when you complain. Just be real & we can respect you regardless of how your day is.

No comments: