Friday, September 12, 2008

Marriage--What is it ?

I am going to offend some people with this so put your seat belt on, it may be a rough ride. The good thing about reading something is that if you don't like what you read, stop reading. If you don't agree with what is said, it is only an opinion, we all have them.
Marriage is ONLY between a man & a woman, anything else is simply a union, nothing more & nothing less. It's like the guy who proposes to the woman he loves & then they say they are engaged but have no wedding date planned. It's a union, not a marriage. Besides if you can't commit to a date, who wants you anyway? I know the politically correct nut jobs out there, want to make everyone happy & allow you to do whatever you want but it is wrong. I don't hate gays although they ruined a perfectly good word that used to mean happy. I have very good friends that are gay or lesbian but I don't agree with their lifestyle & I don't feel it is the same as a typical, man, woman relationship. You can spew all the evidence you want about why it is the same but it won't change my mind & apparently it won't change the mind of most Americans.
When we cave in to pressure from special interest groups or views that we don't agree with, we are not true to our self & we are one step closer to being controlled by the government. To some it would be easier to let everyone do whatever they want & let the government make all our decisions but when this happens we will no longer be free.
Believe what you want but God would be heartless if he played games with people's gender & identity. He doesn't & any feelings you have for someone of the same gender are your personal choice but have nothing to do with God's plan.
The problem with this country & the world right now, is that people want to be accepted & if we act like we are the "IN" crowd, we are cool. Being cool today means you allow any minority to get their way, allow the minority view to determine what the majority does & you don't oppose anyone that has an abnormal view.
Be gay, be lesbian, I honestly don't care because it is your choice but don't shove it in my face, don't tell me it is ok & don't ask me to vote to make it legal for you to get married, I won't do it because I think cool is standing up for what is right & standing tall for what you believe even when politically correct says you shouldn't.
Once again, politically correct has ruined our nation by trying to control our independence & our right to voice an opposing view.

1 comment:

Desi McKinnon said...

Oh Ralph, I think there are a couple of things we are going to have to address here.

>Marriage--What is it ?
First of all Marriage is how you define it. All different cultures and religions define it differently. I don't have a issue with your religion not allowing certain people to be married, but when the State is involved then it's a whole different ballgame. (Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.) In fact it's a legal contract. That has benefits and drawbacks, but it should be open to anyone of consenting age to enter into. I would even support the rights of people who would like to enter into marriage with multiple partners, such as Joesph Smith.

>I don't hate gays although they ruined a perfectly good word that used to mean happy.

"They" didn't ruin anything. You have to take responsibility for how you "feel" about words. For instance for some time now George Bush has been using the word "freedom" incorrectly, but I still know what it means.

>I have very good friends that are gay or lesbian but I don't agree with their lifestyle & I don't feel it is the same as a typical, man, woman relationship.

No relationship is the same. It's as different as you or me. Please don't use the "some of my good friends" line it's terrible rational.

> To some it would be easier to let everyone do whatever they want & let the government make all our decisions but when this happens we will no longer be free. Believe what you want but God would be heartless if he played games with people's gender & identity. He doesn't & any feelings you have for someone of the same gender are your personal choice but have nothing to do with God's plan.

Wow, I'm so glad that you know what it's like to have the body chemistry of another human being. Personally I sometimes think I can image it, but I could never say for certain. Sometimes I have hard time relating to men, because they have a completely different chemistry and because of that point of view. Even the slightest imbalance of thyroid can change your entire outlook.

> any minority to get their way, allow the minority view to determine what the majority does & you don't oppose anyone that has an abnormal view.

All I have to say is...And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. It's about love.

>Be gay, be lesbian, I honestly don't care because it is your choice but don't shove it in my face, don't tell me it is ok & don't ask me to vote to make it legal for you to get married, I won't do it because I think cool is standing up for what is right & standing tall for what you believe even when politically correct says you shouldn't.

Come on Ralph, love a brother or a sista ;)