Tuesday, September 9, 2008

How Much Is Enough

If you could choose how much money you wanted to be happy & to take care of all your needs for the rest of your life, what would you ask for? I thought about this for awhile (you can now see how bored I must be to think of this junk) & the dollar amount kept changing. I first thought a million dollars with interest would be perfect. I then thought about rising costs, vacations, kids, grand kids & toys (motorcycles, kayaks & backpacking junk). I then felt I needed ten million dollars. Once I started adding up what I currently make & multiplied it by 20 years I realized I was greedy with my ten million but could really be happy with a lot less if I wasn't so greedy. I know we are talking theoretical here & that if you can wish for something you might as well make it big but I realized we live in a society that wastes everything & we don't need money to be happy although if were not happy, money will help us deal with it better & we can pay our bills.
Only you know how much is enough but as far as for me, I just want to pay my bills & take 3 or 4 vacations a year to be with family & friends because I need family & friends to be happy, not money.

No comments: