Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Debate

You can't believe how many people respond to my thoughts & enlighten me as to a different point of view. After reading some opinions I feel I don't have any idea what is going on in the world because the comments are presented in an adversarial way & in such a way that pose the thought that I don't do any research for my opinion or my decisions. Other comments are made with insight & research which when challenged by my point of view, enable a great debate. Some people simply respond with a "right on" or "I couldn't agree more" but in any case, I love to discuss real issues with people that really care & with people that do their homework.
I have strong opinions on most of life's events or challenges but will change my opinion when showed the err of my way's, which is why debating everything in life is great for interaction, social skills & for peace of mind. A good debate can re-affirm our own views, it can change your views or it can provoke deep intellectual reflection & soul searching which is always needed for reaching intelligent decisions & for determining who we really are.
To all of you reading this, thank you for your your opinions & not being afraid to share them because it is as has been quoted, "IT IS EASY IN THE CROWD TO FOLLOW AFTER THE CROWD'S OPINION, IT IS EASY IN SOLITUDE TO FOLLOW AFTER OUR OWN BUT THE GREAT MAN, IS HE WHO IN THE MIDST OF THE CROWD, KEEPS WITH PERFECT SWEETNESS, THE INDEPENDENCE OF SOLITUDE"
Share your thoughts & don't be offended when people disagree, it is our rights as human beings to have opinions & it doesn't matter how we gain those opinions but it also doesn't matter that people disagree with us. Debate is good, so go debate somebody, just do it with patience & respect not with anger or selfishness.

No comments: