Sunday, August 17, 2008

smart mouth kids

I was flipped off one day while driving by a kid along the road. I stoped & asked why he did this & he said he did it to all the cars. I asked his name & he wouldn't tell me & then took off running. I followed him home went to his house. I knocked on door & his dad came out. I told him what happened & said it was wrong for the kid to do that. The dad said I probably provoked the kid & slammed the door. Are you nuts, I thought? If this was my son he would have been blistered from the spanking & he would have to appologize. Obviously this dad didn't feel the same & I left. I realized at that time that in todays society kids don't respect adults or anyone anymore because they aren't held accountable for their actions. They get smart mouths & do whatever they want because being "politically correct" insures that kids don't have to be held accountable for actions.
I am not saying that spankings or discipline solve all the problems with smart mouth kids but it is alot better than allowing them to do whatever they want

No comments: