Monday, August 25, 2008

Say it The Right Way

I can't stand people who say one thing but mean something else or avoid being truthful for fear of hurting somebody's feelings. Don't get me wrong, I am not going to tell somebody their hair style or clothes look terrible when it really doesn't matter & they are all into it or tell somebody the diet must not be working after 10 years because they are still fat but I will be honest about my opinion on my personal views about an incident, philosophy or point of view. I was just asked to change a letter I wrote regarding something I feel very passionate about & I found myself caught in a quandary. I can say what I think like a fool or think what I say like a wise man. The problem is, I'm not very wise & I don't really care if this person is offended by my candid opinion but I also don't want to alienate others that could be affected by my comments.
I think I will be truthful in my comments but avoid elaborating on hurtful issues or examples, this way I say what I mean, get my point across & am true to my beliefs & opinion, without hurting the wrong people.

No comments: