Friday, August 29, 2008

Crying Baby

My kids are grown but I remember when they were babies & in the middle of the night, if one of them started crying, the Academy Award performance began because both parents began acting like they didn't hear the baby cry & acted like they were asleep. Don't act like you didn't do this, we all do, it's just that some are better than others at pretending like they are asleep. It is an art to have the same breathing pattern & make the same funny noises, while laying the way you do when you are really asleep. The hard part is, we don't know how we act or sound while asleep because we are asleep. This is were you need to ask questions ahead of time, like, what do I sound like when I sleep? Do I snore & what does my snoring sound like? It is just like anything else in life, if you want to be good at anything, you have to do research & practice makes perfect.

No comments: