Friday, January 16, 2009

What is Politically Correct

I have a blog called "not politically correct", I hear "politically correct" thrown around society in many different forums but as I sit here thinking about it, what does it really mean?
I have a theory & correct me if I am wrong. Anything that has the word political in it, I am against & anything that says political is correct I am going to fight against because there is nothing correct about being political. Political & correct are opposites because political means you will say or do whatever it takes to be elected & will promise anything, including your soul for the opportunity to be a politician. Politicians are like car salesman & insurance salesman, we need them but nobody really trusts them because they say what is necessary to get something from you.
On the other hand, Correct is a term that means whatever you are doing is exactly what you should be doing & is always right. It means you are making good choices & there is no reason to change what you have done or what you think.
Do you see my point? I have never seen a politician make correct decisions on a regular basis because in order to get elected, get anything done or to avoid a lot of confrontation, politicians do the little Mexican hat dance around all difficult issues, they say the right things but do what gets them re elected.
Politically correct is like saying painfully happy, sinfully righteous or insecurely confident. They just don't go together, so next time you hear the term "politically correct" get ready to have something taken away or to be told a lie.

No comments: