Thursday, January 8, 2009

Peace-Love & Whatever

Have you noticed that the burn the bras, smoke the pot & no rules or laws apply to me crowd from the 1960s are now in their 40s, 50s & 60s & are nuts? The entire concept of "do what you want", "down with the government", "no laws & no rules" crowd is contradicting to the very belief they fought for & believe.
I was just talking to one of the "no rules for anyone" neighbors I have, yeah the same kind of person that feels you should take from hard working people & give to lazy people & people who make stupid decision after stupid decision but want hand outs. The very premise of "do what you want" is only great for the person doing what they want because & I want you ding-a-lings that think this, to pay close attention, if your brain has any cells left from drug abuse. When you do what you want & it is not what your neighbor wants or somebody that sees or hears you, then you have created rules for them & they lose their right to freedom.
Example: My neighbor had 1 dog & they didn't train it so it just ran around & barked, they thought that getting another dog would occupy the dog & they both would be quiet & entertain each other. I asked, so I know. Then tv glorified little worthless dogs & a daughter got a little dog, then they got another dog. They had 4 dogs all with different barking pitches in their voice. I asked the lady what she was thinking & she said that she couldn't say no to her daughters & she didn't want the extra dogs but her daughters were now happy.
Are you kidding me? yeah, peace love & do what you want. No wonder we are so screwed up, we have parents that let their kids do whatever they want. Oh it gets better because now they have 5 dogs in a small house on a small lot in a residential neighborhood. Yes they all bark together & at different times & during the summer the parties go until early morning with loud noise, pot smoke & crazy music. I asked the lady recently why she got another dog after she said she didn't want the last one. You will like the answer.
She said that her daughter came into her bed & laid with her crying because this dog was so cute & she really wanted it. I told her that I hoped the daughter never wanted a fully automatic machine gun.
Don't get me wrong, these people are really nice & have good intentions but their right to to whatever they want & screw the system, keeps me up at night with loud music & yelling, or smoke, cigarette smoke & 5 dogs going nuts.
On top of this they have had about 20 cats over the past 3 years, yes 20.
All of a sudden their right to do what they want has stopped me from having my rights to have quiet or to relax at night.
We have to have rules or we have chaos & if you want this type of total lawlessness & freedom you should move to a place where nobody can hear you or see you.
The moral of this story is, DO WHAT YOU WANT AS LONG AS IT DOESN'T PROHIBIT ANOTHER FROM DOING THE SAME. We can't infringe on the rights of others to satisfy our own greed or selfishness.

No comments: