Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Fashion

What in the world is fashion? Every time I think I know what looks good, I am told to get with it, I am out of date. Who makes up the rules for fashion because nobody ever consults with me & I have never seen a survey come through the mail. What was popular when I was young died out & then it was replaced with polyester angel flight pants, they died out & then it was something else & then it was something else & then it was shorts on guys. Sagging pants, tight tops & skin tight jeans? Are you nuts? there is nothing practical or attractive about this & to make matters worse, they aren't practical. I recently saw a teenager in Stocton who honestly was walking around holding her pants off her butt & up, to keep them from falling off.
Women & guys are all wearing the same fashions, cutting their hair the same & actually using the same make up?
I may not be in touch with what fashion is but I can promise you that the crap, teenagers wear today looks exactly like what I just said, Crap. With regard to fashion, I think fashion is an expression of one's inner self & if you look like you are lost, you probably are. If you look like a fruit, you probably are & if you dress for success & act like you are, well I guess there are no guarantees for successful people because success isn't determined by clothes & hairstyles, it is determined by what you do with your life.
So if you need fashion to be successful, you probably won't be because what is in fashion today will be gone tomorrow & so will your fantasies about being successful & in fashion.
I certainly am not a fashion trend setter but the one thing I know for a fact is that the clothes are made for us not us for the clothes.
You can see why I am "politically in correct". I am a walking fashion moron & completely out of touch with what people think is in style. Oh well at least I am to busy with life to care.

No comments: