Monday, January 5, 2009

Afraid

Who out there isn't afraid sometimes? If you say you aren't afraid once in awhile, you are a liar & afraid, so you have more problems than just being afraid. Somebody recently told me that they feel that ghosts or spirits follow them & that they feel they call out their name sometimes in the dark of night. I thought about this & it made me reflect on all the old ghost stories which were generated when there was a lot of travel after dark & there was very little light if any. It was a time when your house after everyone went to bed was making all kinds of noise from settling & adjusting. It is amazing how little wind it takes to slip through open windows or under doors that can rattle doors & make ungodly noises through a house. You just couldn't hear these things when there were people in the house talking & doing things.
I lived in an old pony express hotel which had no indoor plumbing or lights, it was about 20 miles from a town out in the woods north of Truckee. I lived in it alone while I was working close by & you can't imagine how many noises that place made at night. I was afraid to death to walk down the back hall or upstairs whether day or night & since I was only 16, I was pretty much unsure about everything anyway & stayed in the main room by the front door at all times.
My point is, Of course there are noises in the night, of course there are unexplained noises, of course there are probably spirits around us most of the time but it is up to us how we deal with these unexplained occurrences. We can let them consume us, ignore them or we can spend all of our time trying to explain them.
As I have aged over the years, I simply don't care, unless of course it is something which I can identify with, such as smoke, loud neighbor noise, dogs barking at somebody in the yard or any other event which can potentially cause damage & be identified with reasonable research.
As far as the spirits chasing me around, it's nice they care about me enough to hang out with me & at least I have somebody that cares, because unless I need help from a past friend or relative that has passed on, I don't care if they are with me.
In closing I want to wish you all well on your ghost hunting & whenever you are afraid about something, remember that you aren't alone, we all are afraid at some time in our life.

No comments: