Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Trials

It is said, that in order to know happiness, you must experience sadness. In order to understand health you need to experience pain. In order to enjoy life, you must experience trials.
Is this really true?
I have experienced a "HUGE" amount of pain, sadness & trials in my life so you would think that I would be the happiest person on earth & there are many days when I am but there seems to be an endless amount of pain which continually creeps in to make the happiness & joy, a little less than what it should be.
I am not complaining but have you watched the news or know what is going on in your community, schools or world? We are constantly seeing sadness & hatred all over the world & for me it kind of dulls the happiness I hope to have.
Perhaps it is just part of life & I shouldn't worry about what I have no control over.
Maybe that is why so many people are addicts, that is their way of dealing with the struggles of life.
My New Years resolution and I only have this one, is to not take things so personally or to bother me so much. For those that know me, you are betting right now, that this can't be done but I am going to reform & surprise you.
I thought about it & decided I can't do it, so you are going to have to listen to me rant & rave this year also. haha------Happy New Year & I hope your trials make you happy or something like that. haha

1 comment:

carly said...

I don't think trials really make you happy...at least not the trial I'm in right now. I see no happiness EVER coming from it. But I do KNOW that you learn things from it which makes you in the end a wiser person...if that helps any or makes any sense. really, I guess it all depends on how you look at things.