Thursday, April 30, 2009

Kids Willing To Help

I was taking sheet rock off of a wall a few days ago so that I could move the wall & make the room larger. I started taking the large pieces of sheet rock out side to load in the truck & my 2 year old grandson, Emerson was carrying a small piece of sheet rock out to help me. For me it was work but for him, he was helping & it appeared to be a game because he was laughing & wouldn't stop until all the pieces were put outside. I stopped to take some more pieces off the wall & didn't realize that he wasn't watching cartoons with his sister, he was watching me because as soon as I picked up another piece, he yelled with happiness & jumped off of the sofa to help.
I learned a lesson that day, we should follow the example of children, when somebody needs help we should hurry as fast as possible to help them & when we are helping them we should be happy we can help another in need. To often we whine & complain about helping others & do it because we are supposed to or because we have to. I know there are times when we do it right but there are many times when we don't. I am just making an observation that we should enjoy helping others & never complain about it.
Thank You Emerson for being such a great example to PaPa.

No comments: