Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Creatures Of The Night

Sounds like a sci fi movie or a thriller doesn't it? Well have you ever ventured into a 24 hour Wal Mart after 10PM in a city? I happened to be in Stockton a couple weeks ago & we were leaving at about 10PM. My wife wanted to stop at a Wal Mart we passed but when I walked from the car to the front door, I realized that I wasn't surrounded by people which I would consider "normal". I know what you are thinking so quit. I am not talking about poor people or under privledeged people, I am talking about people that are walking but aren't thinking or talking. There were obviously people of all types in the store so I have somewhat exaggerated the scene but not by much. I actually tried to talk to a couple people in friendly conversation but they looked at me with complete blank stares. I literally thought I was looking at a zombie.
Have you ever felt like you had somebody watching you when alone & got creeped out? Well that was me until I got the heck out of the store & town. Whew, I am glad I survived to tell the story but I know there are doubters among you so I am giving you a strong warning. If you want to check this out for yourself, make out your will & tell somebody where you are because I can't guarantee your safe return. VBS

1 comment:

Sheng Family said...

Are you sure you were at the Walmart in Stockton and not Provo???