Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Cell Phones

Now that we have cell phones, I don't know how we ever survived or how anything got done before we had them? I was in a meeting today & my cell phone went off about 5 times in 30 minutes. I thought to myself, what did I do before I had a phone?
I think cell phones are great to have if used when needed but they are so overused that we forget how to talk in person, face to face. Before cell phones we were more efficient & you might think the contrary but think about it? If you didn't have a cell phone, you would prepare better for your day, you wouldn't be talking so more work would get done & you would insure that possible problems were planned for, allowing many problems to be avoided. People on cell phones are like people that smoke. They can't help it, they are addicted to talking & spend more time talking than working. People that talk on cell phones all day are not thinking about work or tasks they need to accomplish, they think they can catch up later which means longer days & less productivity.
I know they can save time on some things & when used in case of emergency, they are a miracle but come on, plan ahead & do your job. Call when you get home or go by & see the person face to face. What a novel idea that would be. real personal interaction. You might even see the person you have been talking to & realize it was the wrong person because you never actually saw them face to face, it was only a voice on a cell phone.

No comments: