Thursday, March 19, 2009

What To Talk About

I get tired of talking so much about how corrupt our Government is & how screwed up the world is or how tired I am of Minority groups determining what the majority does regardless of the majorities vote or opinion but if I don't talk about this what else would I talk about because these topics consume the news & affect us every day?
I have had a revelation (vbs), I can talk about all the good things in the world & all the sacrifices made by people all over the world on behalf of others. These topics, for some reason get left out of most news because they aren't juicy gossip, hateful, demeaning or prejudice, which is what sells newspapers & makes people watch entertainment or reality tv.
Society, either driven by the media or an inherent human desire to see the underdog succeed & the successful fail is obsessed with life outside of their own.
I don't know if it is the unquenchable desire to have what everyone else has & if you can't have it, neither should they or if it is that we feel our life is boring & want to see how others live their lives.
I do believe that the more messed up a celebrity is or a dysfunctional person like "Octoman", the woman with 14 kids, the more normal we feel. I see some of the stuff that goes on & the seriousness by which these nut jobs live their life & realize I am not to bad.
Changing direction, I do want to high five all those people who day after day, do their job & pay their taxes without complaining, those people who spend all their free time helping others & regardless of their own hardships or trials, will always put other people first.
The real hero's of the world for the most part go un-noticed because they don't demand attention or expect anything. These are the people who are humble about what they do & don't realize they are doing something wonderful. They don't understand that most people don't give their time to anybody unless it benefits them self or unless they get recognition for it.
I feel very blessed to know many people who give to others & expect nothing in return & want to thank them for setting such a great example to me & others. I also want to tell them that you are the best part of humanity & regardless of how much money you have or how famous you are, you are the greatest hero's on earth.

1 comment:

When Two Became One said...

WOW Dad! This was such a post I loved it!!! It's so true also. I LOVE you tons and I can't wait to see you.